Sunday, May 6, 2012

UNDERCOVER EXPAT: Cinco De Mayo Estilo Chino



So Cinco De Mayo is sort of a big deal for me. We can thank the Texas Board of Education for ingraining this holiday into my childhood, as starting from Kindergarten all the way through middle school, we would actually dedicate an entire day to Mexican Heritage, culture, history, food and Baile Folklorico.  #completely serious. 

So, how does one celebrate the 5th of May in Beijing?  With a Mexican / Tex-Mex pot luck of course. After doing a little bit of research and giving myself a bit of a reality check re- ingredients that are available to me here in Beijing, I settled upon Spinach Enchiladas as my contribution. Pretty straightforward: Spinach, Cheese, Tortillas, Green Chilies, Salt, Pepper and Cream. Did i mention cream? Lots and lots of Cream. Not summer six pack friendly. But absolutely delicious.

2 comments:

Alisha Ippolito said...

It certainly looks delicious.

this free bird said...

I had a margarita for you. Actually I had 5, but it wasn't the same without you.